Search This Blog

Thursday

Will you spend your life with someone you don't love?

Someone once said, once you pass a certain age, you would prefer to be with someone "YOU DON'T HATE."


Another certain someone said, 
"I am looking for someone who can complement me in my life. When I do something, she can complement me, make it better. If I don't do something, she is able to do it."


They are not wrong, they are being realistic. I admire them for that. Call me childish. Call me naive. However, I just can't see myself being with someone for material things/goals or stability in life. Would a person be really happy, if they had to spend their life with someone they don't love?


Some will say that, as time passes by, one will fall in love with another if they are always together. That love will grow on you. Really?


But what if before you fall in love with the person you don't hate, you met someone that you really love? What happens then? Aren't you indirectly using someone for your own goal? Isn't it a little selfish? 


Then again, someone asked me, what is love?






I can't define love, it is something that has to be felt, experienced. But, one thing is for sure, when you love someone, it is because of who the person is, not what he/she has. And love is definitely not the absence of hate.


The question here is, will you spend the rest of your life with someone you don't love?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share?
*hugs & kisses*