Search This Blog

Monday

Heal Your Heart

Recently, I chatted with an Australian Asian girl. This basically what she told me.

"I was with this guy for more than a year. I loved him, but he cheated on me more than once. It was because he was insecure and needed recognition all the time. Finally, it was too much to take, so I ended it with him. But even after that, I still loved him. Even now. I'm not an ugly person, I think I look better than average. And there are guys who went after me. But I still couldn't forget him. I went out with a few guys, went partying and got drunk, and there was a guy who was really sweet to me. We went out for a while but I had to end it because... You know? I couldn't forget my ex, and that guy ended being very hurt."



What that girl had to go through with her cheating ex is really sad. But there is no excuse to use another person. Don't get me wrong, that girl is very nice and she admitted what she did was wrong. She tried to make it right.


When you choose to be with a person for the wrong reasons, not only you are running away from your problems, you are hurting another individual with your actions. At the same time, you do not realise that you are hurting yourself too. The past will haunt you, everything you do with that rebound will remind you of him/her. And the pain would always be there.


The only way to recover from previous relationship is to cry it out. Take all the time you need. Do the things you love. Go out with your friends. Splurge on yourself. 


Heal your heart. And when you are finally ready, you will be able to love freely. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share?
*hugs & kisses*